Notorius P.I.G. Monday, August 30, 2010



It's Georgetown Cupcake Time! (What? again?)  So okay, I make new excuses to head to Bethesda, but really needed to make a BIG excuse to head to GTC on a MONDAY.  Why?  Cos, it is the only day of the week that I haven't been to GTC and there were flavors that were BEGGING for me to eat and enjoy them.  I mean really?  It is truly those specific cupcake's honor to be rated in the Seangie Om Nom Nom Cupcake review! (Left to right in the picture, Cherry Cheesecake, Toffee, Ginger Peach, Cinnamon and Honey Banana) NOM!

*******************************************************************
The Seangie Om Nom Nom Rating Chronicles (on a grade from 1 to 5, with 5 being the nommyest!)

HONEY BANANA: Fresh banana cupcake topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting and a fondant frosting.
TADA Factor: 3.0
    Flavah Flav Creativity: 3.75
    Frosting: 4.0
    Cake: 4.25
    NOTES: OMG!  The cake was AMAZEBALLS!  We can taste the   banana and honey goodness in the small little package.  Me being the lover of the bready bases with fruits and veg this rang a nice 5 alarm nommyest on my tastebuds.  Sean had to admit this cupcake was damn good!

CHERRY CHEESECAKE: Fresh cherry and mascarpone cheesecake topped with vanilla icing and a fondant flower.
TADA Factor: 3.75
Flavah Flav Creativity: 4.25
Frosting: 4.75
Cake: 5
NOTES: OMG, OMG, OMG.  I think I screamed "fuck yeah!" midbite out loud after tasting this cupcake.  It was cheesecake at it's finest.  This is what all the little cheescakes dream about when they are in cheesecake school.  Screw being a cheesecake doctor or a cheesecake famous movie actor.  They want to be put in this GTC monthly flavor! The only neg was that it was a bit messy, but in the end it doesn't matter cause Team Seangie were liking our own fingers anyways.  I mean really.  I'm so sad that August is ending soon.  I will miss you Cherry Cheesecake Cupcake!  WANH!

CINNAMON: Cinnamon cupcake topped with a cinnamon buttercream and a fondant heart.
TADA Factor: 3.0
Flavah Flav Creativity: 2.5
Frosting: 4.0
Cake: 4.5
NOTES: Cinnamon on cinnamon lurve.  The cake was amazing, it reminded me of a bundt cake with a cinnamon swirl through the cake. How creative and classic!  The buttercream topped off the cupcake VERY NICE! (Borat style! But not nekkid running around the conference room kind of VERY NICE!)




TOFFEE CRUNCH: Toffee cupcake with a toffee infused vanilla frosting topped with crushed Heath Bar.
TADA Factor: 3.25
Flavah Flav Creativity: 3.5
Frosting: 4.5
Cake: 5.0
NOTES: It is toffee on toffee on toffee manage a trois.  UM AMAZEBALLS!  Do you see in my picture there are toffee bits in the cake?  Yeah that's right, baked in toffee bits!!!!  And then more toffee in the frosting and then MORE toffee bits?  Today was a good day.  We mos def felt that feeling.  LA'CHAIM! (Okay will be my ONLY Black Eye Peas music reference on here....EVER!)









GINGER PEACH: Classic madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake baked with fresh peaches and topped with a ginger-infused vanilla frosting and a fondant flower.
TADA Factor: 3.5
Flavah Flav Creativity: 3.75
Frosting: 4.0
Cake: 3.5
NOTES: Another month of August specialty, but did not live up as high to it's other month counterpart, Cherry Cheesecake.  I mean this sound good, but I really felt like I tasted peaches in the frosting.  I know confusing right?  I didn't taste peach in the cake and really didn't taste and ginger in the frosting.  A fail?  Not really.  I mean the cake was still decent and the frosting was really good!  Whatever it was supposed to be.....

AND ON TO THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER CUPCAKES!!!! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment