Notorius P.I.G. Thursday, August 26, 2010

 

I'm back to Herrow Cupcake again!  =)  I wonder if they missed me?  Doubtful.  =)   

In the midst of my cupcake research, I saw on Herrow Cupcake's website that the flavah of the month was Root Beer Float!  What? What? What?  That sounds really nommy!!!  Aside from anything with ice cream being nommy, the combo of Root Beer and 'Nilla ice cream is pure sippy straw heaven.  And to make it in a nommilicious form of a cupcake? Even better!  On the website, the August Flavor of the month is described as "Sassy, spicy root beer cake, topped with a foamy head of vanilla cream cheese frosting and a chocolate straw." Sounds like perfection.

So after a lunch outing of healthy leafy greens with my co-worker,  I "coincidentally" ended up at Herrow Cupcake.  You know it is like my co-worker and I know our rounds when we lunch in Dupont Circle, Chop't, then Starbucks, and then Herrow Cupcake.  So we walked in and waited in line and prepared for my Root Beer Float Goodness.  

When it was my turn to order, I ordered my root beer cupcakes and waited for my story of the price of my cupcake holy grail.  Once the words Root Beer Float cupcake left my lips, I was told by the girl behind the counter that these Root Beer Cupcakes are 50 cents extra.  This was the same case for the Dreamsicle cupcake from the month before.  AND WAIT FOR IT, then came my peanut gallery question, where I innocently inquire why hoping they have figured out a way to push 50 cents extra on me.  The answer?  "They are the special flavor."  Okay,  I give up.  I understand the simple 'splaination, but they should just try to make cupcake eaters feel better saying it is 50 cents extra for that special ingredients that go into our flavah of the month!  Or the Chewbacca theory....


So I bought 3 of them, one for yours truly, one for Sean and the last one for Steve the Wonder Intern so we could all rate them.  Well let's just say the following ratings are just by me as that day Sean ended up with Montezuma's revenge and the Wonder Intern ate and never gave me his final ratings!  (What a waste of operation research expenses!)  Next time I'm charging people to work WITH me.  I mean really!


So here is MY ratings, it's okay - it's the only one THAT REALLY MATTERS!!!!


******************************
The Om Nom Nom Rating Chronicles (on a scale to 1 to 5, with 5 being the nommy-est!)


ROOT BEER FLOAT:
Tada Factor: 4.5
Flavah Flav Creativity: 5.0
Frosting: 3.5
Cake: 2.5
NOTES: Aw man!  Super disappointing!  The presentation and creativity were great, but the final execution was so-so.  My big issue was the flavor and texture of the cake.  The flavor of the cake had a weird before, during and aftertaste.  I mean it had a root beer-esque spice, but didn't ring root beer on my palette.  Also, the texture of the cake was super super dry.  Sad panda.  =(  The frosting was okay.  The best part in my opinion of the choco straw!  WAAAAAAANH!


And the waiting game begins for new flavor of the month for September....mos def for 50 cents extra....



0 comments:

Post a Comment