Notorius P.I.G. Thursday, August 25, 2011


Now on to Lavender Moon Cupcakery in Alexandria, VA!  This was a cupcake spot that my friend Deanna discovered in Old Town Alexandria, which is not obvi as one of my main hang out spots.  Seeing that we were in a cupcake kinda mood and in the area we decided to go off the beaten path of our usual delicious cupcakes.  So off to Lavender Moon!

The flavors offered were a bit limited but were plenty different than most.  Aside from the regular choco and vanilla varieties, it seemed that Lavender Moon incorporated some different flavors that incorporated fruit.  And thinking back most of the cupcakes that did have fruit were cream cheese based, which make me wonder if all of their frostings are cream cheese. (boring)  Since we ate this last month and they don't have a website (WTH, I can't website stalk their flavors!  How odd).  I'm going to guess-remember what we had.

Deanna's clear choice was the Peanut Butter Choco - Choco cake, peanut butter cream cheese frosting and a magic shell like choco topping, as not a PB whore like Sean I was sorta out of my element.  I ended up really liking it! (WHAAA?) The PB mixed with the cream cheese really kept the pb to the side, but gave it a tang that was complemented by the likes of the choco magic shell! It wasn't overly choco and PB, it was a good balance!

 My clear choice after the presentation from the sales girl was the Blackberry Lemon - a lemon bottom with a blackberry cream cheese buttercream.  I really enjoyed the natural blackberry taste in the frosting and the lemon cake wasn't dry or crumbly!  Although, I remember thinking the blackberry frosting overtook the lemon cake.  After ordering our two, we sorta though we needed to have a cupcake trifecta and also ordered a blood orange dreamsicle cupcake as our palette cleanser- which I can't remember if it had orange cake,  but I do remember that the cream cheese frosting was hella awesome!  =)

Overall, cupcakes were pretty tasty and if I am ever back in the area, I would go again and order more to take home!  =)  And obvi order my Red Velvet control, which I totally neglected!




0 comments:

Post a Comment