Notorius P.I.G. Sunday, July 18, 2010

So after trying to contact my Groupon vendor Bonafide Cupcakes on multiple occasions for some cupcakes (if you cannot tell I lurves cupcakes), I have decided to wave my cupcake white flag and ask for a refund from Groupon. I purchased my Groupons (2 dozen) in April and was hoping to use it rather quickly or even now, but to no success. I have been calling Bonafide Cupcakes on their phone number for the past 2 weeks straight and nobody picks up the phone. WTF!

So awhile back in the end of May, Groupon sent me this:
"Thank you for purchasing the BonaFide Cupcakes Groupon! Due to the great response, BonaFide Cupcakes will be remodeling their kitchen between May 24th and June 7th to accommodate the large number of incoming orders and will not be able to take new orders during this time. They will be able to take orders again after this time up until the expiration of April 23, 2011."

It is now July and their website is non-existent. The home page just has a list of cupcake flavors, THAT APPARENTLY I CANNOT GET. And a phone number, THAT APPARENTLY I CANNOT GET A HOLD OF. It is probably up to tease the poor Grouponers on their dissatisfaction that there are no cupcakes! I must say their flavors look nommy, but how can I confirm their nomminess, IF THERE ARE NO CUPCAKES? How disappointing! =(

What finally made me decide to request a refund was after reading the Groupon discussion board about Bonafide Cupcakes. And I found out that not only after their "remodeling of their kitchen and their upgrade of their website" Bonafide Cupcakes have been MIA, not answering phones and/or missing deliveries that were confirmed. (HOW DID THOSE PEOPLE GET A HOLD OF ANYONE ANYWAYS?) I understand that the demand was quite overwhelming for the company, but they should of at least put a cap on how many Groupons to give out or figured out a sustainable distribution and/or order system PRIOR to their Groupon release! What happened to making business plans? I'm a fan of them, use them!

When the Groupon closed there were about 2800 Groupons purchased. But when I return to the Bonafide Cupcake Groupon site now, it states 2100. So hey, 700 of us were smart enough to ask for refunds - I think the 2100 so do the same.

NO CUPCAKES = CUPCAKE FAIL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment