Notorius P.I.G. Monday, April 5, 2010

Hey everyone!


FIOS is here in Montgomery County, MD. The question is. Is it worth it? Should I move over from Comcast to FIOS? I'm scared! What to do, what to do....

I spent a whole week researching this, and read other blogs to other reviews giving pros and cons for both services. What a crapshoot. I want to save money, but get the channels I want to watch and have reliable service. Is that so hard to ask for? And the answer is YES.

We currently are Comcast subscribers for internet and cable. We have two HD televisions (we are good Asians) and three digital ready televisions (REALLY good Asians). Our telephone (yes we have had the same telephone number for about 25 years) subscription is through Verizon. Total bill? $114 including tax for Comcast and $70 for Verizon. Losing our shirts for a total of $184.00.

After the FIOS people dug huge ass holes in my front yard, we were called by FIOS, promising a triple bundle package for a mere $159...and not including tax. All installation fees will be waived...you will get your OWN FIOS internet line....blazing speed....it will save you money. BUT....you need to ask the question, what is important to you? Well we are television watchers. And our television package is important. We currently subscribe to HBO and Showtime and it is included in our $114 bill price from Comcast. NOW, to get those channels on FIOS you need to pay an extra $36. What? And my dear old dad likes his MoCo Chinese channels, that come with the basic cable package...on FIOS we like to charge those Chinese people another $15 bucks. You are really not saving my ass money. All this for a 2 year contract? And it is a $20 fee for every month I drop early? Hmmmm. So you are saying it is $210? A month? AND NOT including tax? Buttscrachers! =(

Next move, call Comcast. Let them know that I was approached by Verizon, and they offered me a a triple play package. Phone, internet, cable w/ all premium channels and sports package w/2 HD boxes (one DVR), unlimited digital ready for $174.52, including tax. I like that they add tax....it gives me a bottom line. And the bottom line was to dump Verizon phone, go to Comcast. Install is on Friday. Let's hope this goes well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment