Notorius P.I.G. Thursday, May 13, 2010

So I recently bought 2 Groupons for a cupcakery called Bonafide Cupcakes about a month ago. When I saw this, I instantly jumped on it and so did 2800 Grouponers. For those that do not know what the the hell Groupon is, it is a unique marketing concept where a special deal is offered in a city/county/community and there is a minimum number of coupons that needs to be sold in order for the coupon to be activated. I laid eyes on this offer and SAW the word cupcakes, and you had me at "Herrow!" In the Groupon, Bonafide Cupcakes offered their half price cupcake deal, a dozen cupcakes delivered to a radius surrounding the DC Metropolitan area for $20 (if you are good at math...that means it is originally $40 for a delivered dozen..DUR).

So I tried to order a nice dozen to try and I gave about 5 days notice and I get this reply 4 days later:

Thanks for the email!

Currently our scheduled is booked with GROUPON orders for quite some time. We're going over the schedule today and we can let you know what day the schedule opens back up a bit later on.

Let us know if you need anymore info!

Thanks,
BonaFide Cupcakes


Yeah I need more info! Where are MY CUPCAKES? =( And there should be a better way to go about these orders. And there should be stipulations set on the website!! I understand the shear madness the company went through fulfilling the massive influx of Groupon orders. I'm sympathtic. But they need to figure out how to communicate this better. Looks like I'm stuck waiting. But I want my cupcakes! And NOW!!

WAAAAAAAANNNNH! RICKY!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment