Notorius P.I.G. Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First off, I really don't know how I feel about this. The lines are long enough at GTC and I really don't need to spend time drooling and waiting for my cupcakes any longer than necessary! The last thing I want are my lines longer and them to be filled with tourists(I called them "FTs", you can figure out what the "F" in "FT" means)and my free early bird flavor program being discontinued due to them not needing to create a marketing pull for early birds to the shops in the morning.

TLC is the network that brought us Jon & Kate plus eight; Little People, Big World; Say Yes to the Dress and other shows. But what kind of drama could GTC have besides irrate people waiting in long lines? Or maybe an argument in the kitchen over whose turn it is to make the fondant hearts for the Red Velvet cupcakes? At least in the other TLC show Cake Boss, you have loud personalities arguing and pulling pranks on each other on a regular basis. But I guess I'm curious to see what angle they are going for here. I'm all for showing them making nommy cupcakes, but I'm still not convinced.

It looks like the show has already been filmed and will be airing on TLC in July. The original title was called "Cupcake Sisters" (the owners are sisters) and later changed to "Cupcake Dreams." WHAT? I really do not know about this title either. I mean I dream often of these cupcakes in front of me, but there has got to be a better name for the show somewhere out there IMO.

Oh well, I look forward to watching the "drama" in a cupcake store...maybe some one will drop a tray of just frosted cupcakes on the floor or something like that...

0 comments:

Post a Comment